TRAVELSAT-V2 DISH NOW AVAILABLE
The original folding dish design has served over 7,000 happy travellers and now, after 5 years, we have the version 2. Even stronger and better than the first.
With fold up arm, the TravelSat-V2 dish fits snugly away into its included padded carry bag. We fully assemble the dish for you and wire up the LNB on the front of the dish with a short cable that enables you to connect your finder at the rear.
The entire dish folds down to only 17cm depth inside the bag.
An elevation scale is adhered to the tube and is easy to read and accurate.
The dish reflector is 75cm side to side and 83cm top to bottom and the entire package weighs around 4KG. This dish will provide good signal coverage in all of Australia.
PROS and CONS
The benefits of this style of dish are:
- Integrated mount so no separate tripod is required. This reduces weight by up to 5KG.
- Less space. As there is no tripod required, only the dish needs to be stored.
- Setup time is about 30 seconds to have the dish ready for alignment.
- Alignment is easier than a standard tripod mount dish. This is due to the placement of the elevation tube on the rear of the dish. Each 5 degree graduation is about 1.5 inches apart so it is much easier to locate the signal. On a traditional dish, 5 degree increments are about 5mm apart so greater accuracy is required.
- Lower cost.
The disadvantages of this style of dish are:
- As the dish and base are one, it is more difficult to move the dish side to side on rocky terrain when compared to a tripod mounted dish.
- It cannot be pole mounted. Many travelers choose to take their dish off the tripod and mount it on a mast on the drawbar or rear bar of the van. This isn’t a practical option with the MiniMax75 dish.
KITS AVAIABLE (kits include satellite meter, VAST decoder, cables, etc.)